Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ben Bishop 2011-12 Mask

Ben Bishop of the Ottawa Senators (born Nov 21, 1986 in Denver, CO.)

Bishop was traded (I honestly don't remember if it was a trade or if he was on waivers) from the St. Louis Blues to the Ottawa Senators in February.

Artist: David Gunnarsson









His Blues Mask

Artist: David Gunnarsson

From the artist: Ben Bishop wanted me to create a design that is a tribute to the club of St Louis Blues with it's so beautiful logos and colors. He also wanted to include the old Arena of St Louis.

The design is totally inspired by music and the waves of music, we wanted it to feel like music.

The old arena is created in a sketchy style in the white area, and if you look close in the blue tones you will find music notes play even in the blue metallic...





Graphic from The Goalie Guild

7 comments:

  1. Love this site joezayfan! Good job! Any news on a new mask? Hope it`s a stunner , I really like bishop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!! Sorry I just now got to your comment. I was out of town today. I just did see photos of Bishop's new mask today, so I'll post those either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. Tnx for the update and pics! Classic looking Ottawa mask :-) Greetings from Norway!

      Delete
    3. No problem! It's a really nice mask. I always like Dave Gunnarsson's work (as long as he doesn't get too crazy with the glitter decals. ;o) And I see no glitter here, so I'm pleased. Haha.

      Delete
    4. Hey love the site keep it up

      Delete
    5. Thanks very much! Thanks for the comment, because you reminded me that Dave Gunnarsson posted official photos of the newest mask, and I forgot to post them. I need to find them and do that. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. wow cool i wish i had a mask like that

    ReplyDelete