Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Devan Dubnyk 2010-11 Mask

Devan Dubnyk of the Edmonton Oilers (born May 4, 1986 in Regina SK.) 

Edited on 11/16/10: Thanks to Goalie Guild I found out that Dubnyk has two masks this season. His main mask has a pond hockey scene. Here's the video where he talked about his mask.

The backplate has a big giraffe in goalie gear along with a child in pink sitting in the snow, Dubnyk’s niece, and a breast cancer awareness ribbon for his mom.








The next mask is his alternate one for their throwback jerseys.

Thanks to visitor, Kevin, I found out this design is very similar to that of Bill Ranford, goalie for the Oilers during the late 80s and early-mid 90s (2 Stanley Cup years in there.) I'll include a photo of Ranford at the bottom of the post for comparison. I guess this might be meant as a tribute to Ranford then. Thanks, Kevin!

Bill Ranford (Oiler from 1987-88 to 1995-96 seasons.)

4 comments:

  1. Dude, it's a Bill Ranford's mask replica. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Kevin!! You are definitely right about it being a Ranford replica. I edited the post and included a photo of Ranford for comparison. Thanks again, I love when my visitors help me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it last night during the Oil/Canucks game and instantly recognised it. Way to go Dubnyk! Ranford was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it looks to you like he's using the same mask this season as last? Or at least the retro one anyway. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete