Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mask of the Week--Curtis Joseph, Toronto Maple Leafs

Time for another favorite mask from the NHL archives...this week I pick one of Curtis Joseph's Cujo masks. This was from when he played for Toronto in 2008-09. Love the Toronto blue with the snarling dog. My husband is quick to point out that Cujo was actually a St. Bernard, and this mask does not depict a St. Bernard. I said, "Cujo is the goalie's nickname, he's not saying the dog on the helmet is Cujo." Stickler for detail, that one. Curtis had many different Cujo masks through the years, for many different teams, but this is my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. this will always be one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely. This is one of my top 5 favorites of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUJO is his nickname, players started calling him CUJO because of the first 2 letters of his first and last name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aware of that, thanks. In fact I included that in the entry.

      Delete